Friday, January 31, 2014

People often ask why I want to be a teacher.

My answer to you is that being around kids is a gift. People grow up and then become adults and forget how to have fun or be a kid. I also want to be a teacher because I want to re-invent teaching. Get all the old-school stuff out of education systems and bring in stimulating and fun activities/exercises for learning. I want to teach children about life skills and hopefully they can carry those skills with them everywhere they go and into the future. Teachers create leaders. Teachers create the future. And without teachers, the potential of kids and creative thinkers would diminish. I want to help build a better environment. I want to be the support system that kids can come to in times of need. I want to teach kids about saving the environment and treating each other with respect. I want to teach them to become better citizens and become more selfless. I want to teach because I want to keep studying. Education is a gift. I want to assess what types of things help children grow and excel better. Children are in school for most of their hours of the weekdays, and I don't want to be one of those teachers who waste their time with busy work. I want them to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment